In accordance with the content and value of the shipment, customs procedures may vary in different countries. For more information on customs procedures in your country, please contact your local customs office and/or local DHL/TNT call center. You can also get detailed information for your country at http://www.dhl.com.au/en/country_profile/import_guidelines_express.html#containerpar_expandablelist
. Please choose your region and country underneath the "Worldwide Express Import Guidelines" headline and click Go.
To give a general idea the following list shows a non-exclusive sampling of items that are either restricted, cannot be exported or, depending on your destination country, may either require an import license, additional documentation and/or cause problems and delays during the customs review of your shipment:
1. Combustible/flammable items (paints, oils, lighters, nail polish, perfume - certain countries allow perfume)
2. Any type of pressurized can (hair spray, shaving cream, spray cans of any type)
3. Hazardous materials (matches, chemicals, explosives, propellants)
4. Firearm or weaponry accessories including holsters, shoulder straps, gun cases, scopes, laser sites, night-vision sites, bayonets or tactical gear.
5. Agricultural products such as tobacco, plants and seeds.
7. Perishable foods
8. Animals and products made with animal skin (furs)
9. Alcohol (Boxinus.com can ship table wine in limited quantities to some countries)
10. Cash, currency, money orders, cashiers' checks, bank drafts, bearer bonds and collectible stamps and coins. Jewelry and precious stones are (a) restricted to some countries and (b) can only be insured up to $500 maximum and any shipments of jewelry in excess of $500 carriage limit is uninsured and Member assumes all risk of loss above such limit
11. Lottery tickets and gambling devices